Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wallace's blog

Today in church, we sang some songs that we know from back home. We sang, "Lord I Lift Your Name on High," "How Great is Our God," "The Presence of the Lord is in This Place," and we listened to "Amazing Grace" during the offering. I liked it because it was like Second Mile. Speaking of our church, last year at the end of Bible School, I was able to tell the church what the week meant to me. I told about going out into the mission field and helping at different places in the community. What I remember saying was that I learned about compassion and putting your feet in another person's shoes. Tenwek hospital, here in Africa, is a lot like that only this time I've learned about humility. Being humble means we are thankful for what we have and who we are and we don't take it for granted. We don't brag about it either. The people don't have much but they do have God's love. The things I take for granted everyday, people here don't know or care about. They make a small living from selling the things they make, and they have to depend on God everyday for what they have. Even though they don't have very much, they are happy people. They read their Bibles alot and sing to God. The most important thing I've learned is that it doesn't take much to be happy. Love, Wallace

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Wallace, that's a lot of wisdom from someone so young. I'm glad you're having a great time and getting to truly experience God's grace. Enjoy every minute and know that lots of people back home (young and old) are learning from you.
    Love, Lauren Harper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wallace, this message is from Mimi:
    After reading your blog entry, I can honestly say that you've ALWAYS known that it doesn't take much to be happy! Love is the most important, isn't it? I DO love you, sweet pea, and am looking forward to seeing you soon- be careful!!
    I love you,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wally-
    I MISS YOU SO MUCH! I'm glad to here you are entertaining little kids with are classic piggy back rides.Last week I went to VBS. It was fun but it would have been more fun if you were there here are the places we went this year: the Animal Hospital,Homeless Shelter, Food Bank,and the Food Pantry at Church. I am glad to see that you are still singing some of the same songs that we sing at home.My Family and I read your blog and talked about how much we have and how we take it for granted! Wallace I am so proud of what you have done for the there.
    Love you forever and always,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete