Monday, June 29, 2009

Glenn's blog

I got to ride on a plane for the first time. The clouds were beautiful! We were so high up and everything down low looked so small. I've been sleeping on the top bunkbed and Hugh is on the bottom. We have met friends and we love to make forts under the palm trees and banana trees. I like to climb trees and I have found a bunch of chameleons. They sleep in my room on the window screen. The people here are really nice. It is beautiful and warm here even though it is winter. I have loved meeting other people, especially Miss Janet and Miss Cicilia. They help us at our house. The people are always happy here. There are alot of sick people here too. There are poor people and children without parents. This is one reason I am so fortunate. Another reason is because we can get food whenever we want when we are at home. Over here they have to grow their food and there aren't any stores or restaurants. It is still fun here but I know that I am very lucky. We have more than we need at home because people here have all that they need. God gives them what they need and gives us too much. I want to come back and visit and I will miss my friends here. Love, Glenn

3 comments:

  1. Hi Glenn, I'm glad you're having such a good time and getting to see God at work in such a distant place. Learn all you can, enjoy all you can, love all you can. I look forward to hearing your stories when you get home. Sorry you can't bring back one of those lovely chameleons! Love, Lauren Harper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenn, this message is from Mimi:
    I'm happy that you're having such a good time in Africa! When you said on your blog that you could get food whenever you want it when you are home, were you thinking of Mimi's pantry? (I'll have to re-stock when you get back.) I'm glad you FINALLY got a pet!!
    I love you,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenn, it sounds really fun that you make forts under a tree. I really hope you have a lot of fun!! I miss you so much!!!! Bible School was fun but not the same without you! I thought about you a lot. I'm glad you have made some new friends! I can't wait until you come back! I really would like to ride on a plane and see all the cool new things you are seeing. I'm glad you have some helpers because things are so different for you. I love you!
    Kate Reames

    ReplyDelete