Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Ndovu (Elephant in Kiswahili)

Ndovu is the name of our apartment. The "elephant in the room" is Scottie. He came back late this morning, shuffling as he walked and without the IV! He's had chicken broth and clear liquids and is slowly on the mend. Please continue the recovery prayers.

The girls taught another art class today, and their "theme" was the story of Noah and the Ark. They had nine children today, and from the few minutes I stepped in to observe, it looked like they had it under control. Even Hugh had a great time. They read the scripture, helped the kids paint pictures and finished up with face painting. They're really enjoying their "ministry."

Tonight, we're planning to watch the US play Algeria in World Cup Soccer and take it easy. Scottie should get stronger each day, and I know Marcie is ready to get back to the NICU here. Personally, I'm looking forward to not sleeping on a gurney tonight. Until next time, all our love, Ave & co.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful ministry the girls are doing. I know you are so proud of them. And HOORAY for the shuffling elephant-I know he's glad to be back with the herd! Enjoy your soccer game and your bed. The prayers continue.
    Love, Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Avery!
    I just had dinner with your mother this evening and could not believe the story she was telling me! I am so sorry you guys (especially Scottie) has had to go through all of that! But, and I completely agree with you after reading your blogs, as horrible of an adventure you guys have been through, it was meant to be that he have that surgery over there! The Lord works in mysterious ways!
    Here is to him having a speedy recovery, and I hope you guys have a safe adventure and flight back! You guys should have a good time in London. Sarah is having the Olive reunion July 24, so I hope to see you guys there!
    Take Care!
    Alyce Anderson

    ReplyDelete