Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day

A quick update on Scottie...He came to the apartment for the first time last night (Friday) around 10:30. He rested, drank lots of clear liquids and had the Barium Enema today, (they used dye to light up the problem area). Today he started the "special juice" to get things ready for Monday morning's surgery, (It will take place while you're sleeping, so pray before you go to bed on Sunday evening!). Sunday, Father's Day, will be a day of rest - a day he truly needs.

We've relaxed this evening, hanging out in the guest house (which is like a college dorm!), playing cards and board games and watching the World Cup, currently going on in South Africa. The majority of the folks staying in the guest house are college-aged or right out of college, (even an ortho. dad and his 16 year old daughter from AL), making us "feel young." We're having a great time and truly keeping our minds off of the surgery. This afternoon, several of us sat around playing the guitar, singing and trading "picking secrets." Of course, I had very little to offer, but it was fun, none-the-less. Scottie has gotten a charge out of watching Hugh as the "guest house bookie," dealing the cards, taking in the odds and rolling the dice on command. The girls and Marcie have played endless rounds of cards, taken lots of pictures and planned the "art class activities" for the upcoming week. Just trying to unwind a bit. We will post again on surgery day. Pray for success, Happy Father's Day and love to all. Ave

4 comments:

  1. I have never been so happy to hear from you! So sorry Scottie is in so much pain and can't imagine how you must be feeling too. Sounds like you both are taking everything in true Cameron stride-keep your chin up and hang in there. You definitely seem to be having lots of God moments-love it!!!!!! Know we love you and are lifting you up in prayer!!!I contacted sunday school peeps, reunion group, and Meryt is e-mailing our circle too-you are covered in prayer. We love you all!!! On a lighter note tell Scottie Greg can't wait to hear his Kenyan name:):)
    Kelly and G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wallace-
    I miss you so much!!! I cant wait for you to get back!! I was so worried about Mr. Scottie, I am glad to know he is in good hands!! I am wearing the bracelt you grave me last year as a prayer bracelet while you are there!! Cant wait to see you! Hope you have a fun and safe time!! Remember I will love you forever and always!!! Love you Lu-Lu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenn-
    I miss you so much! I hope Mr.Scottie feels better soon!!! I hope you will have fun in Africa. I can't wait until you get back. Please becareful and stay safe. You are my best friend and I miss you!!!
    Love,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete